Resources in the Community
All Moms Empowered to Nurse (AMEN)
- URL: https://amencincy.org/
- Pregnant? Breastfeeding? Pumping? Weaning? Thinking about having a baby? Want more information on breastfeeding to support a friend or family member? You are welcome in this space! Contact us to join our group.
- URL: https://bethanyhouseservices.org/
- For Emergency Shelter, please call the Central Access Point (513) 381-SAFE (7233), or text (513) 970-1515.
- Bethany House Services empowers homeless and at-risk families with the solutions to achieve housing stability and long-term self-sufficiency.
Cincinnati Action Agency (CAA)
- URL: https://www.cincy-caa.org/
- Community Action Agency understands that our communities are facing unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our programs and services are designed to help struggling families and individuals break down barriers and challenges to becoming self-sufficient.
Cooking for the Family
- URL: https://sfsministries.org/our-programs/cooking-for-the-family/
- Cooking for the Family is a 5-week program held in the kitchen classroom at the St. Anthony Center. Participants learn 8 basic cooking skills and techniques utilizing fresh seasonal vegetables. As each student builds knowledge and confidence to cook more at home, the whole family gets involved in daily meal preparation.
Dohn Community High School: Keep Teen Moms in School (KTMIS)
- URL: https://www.dohnschool.org/for-students-2/
- Keeping Teen Moms in School (KTMIS) alrernative academic path at Dohn Community High School is one of the few programs in the country that offer a supportive, academic community for pregnant teens and teen moms. Our non-traditional school uniquely meets the emotional and academic needs of our student moms and offeres many opportunities for them to graduate on time, step onto a career path that is aligned with innate skills and interests.
Dress for Success
- URL: https://dfscincy.org/
- Dress for Success Cincinnati empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and development tools to help them thrive in work and in life.
Every Child Succeeds
- URL: https://www.everychildsucceeds.org/
- Every Child Succeeds provides comprehensive home visiting services to optimize child health and development for families from low-income backgrounds in Butler, Clermont, and Hamilton counties in Ohio as well as Boone, Campbell, Grant, and Kenton counties in Northern Kentucky. Every Child Succeeds implements evidence-based home visiting models. Professional home visitors work closely with pregnant women and new mothers to develop parenting skills, improve maternal and child health, create stimulating and nurturing home environments, and connect families with other community supports.
- URL: https://freestorefoodbank.org/connection-support/
- Transportation Assistance
- Birth Certificates & IDs
- Benefit Enrollment Services (SNAP, Medicaid): (513)-381-SNAP (7627)
- Liberty Street Market
- Representative Payee Program
- Back on Track
- Healthy Harvest Mobile Market: https://freestorefoodbank.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Schedule-Flyer-03.16.20.pdf
Hamilton County HeadStart
- URL: https://www.hcesc.org/early-learning/head-start/
- The Head Start Federal Performance Standards reflect the highest expectations for comprehensive services to young children and families. Head Start partners with local school districts to serve their low income children. Head Start is a federally funded early childhood program designed to provide comprehensive services to young children and emphasizes parent engagement. The program serves children and families who are most at risk in the community.
Hamilton County Job and Family Services (JFS)
- URL: https://www.hcjfs.org/
- (513)- 946-1000
- The department is one of the few quadruple-combined public human service agencies in Ohio – providing public assistance, children’s services, child support and workforce development programs to the community. Among the department’s many duties: local child protection, adult protection, child care, child support enforcement, workforce development, cash assistance, food assistance and medical assistance.
- URL: https://www.trinitycincy.org/katescupboard
- Kate’s Cupboard is a resource for young mothers as a free-store of equipment — and encouragement — that may help increase the level of child care mothers can provide and decrease their level of fear and anxiety, knowing they can provide the safe, clean, basic necessities.
L.E.C.H.E Support Group
- Para mas información o para registrarse hable al 513-636-3930 o por correo electrónico: Olga.Tamayo@cchmc.org
- Reunión por Zoom: https://us04web.zoom.us/741 1932 5064; PW: YMeh48
- URL: https://www.lifeforwardcincy.org/
- Consultation on Options
- Pregnancy Testing
- Referrals to Community Services
- URL: https://moms-hope.org/
- Be empowered by Life Skills Development with an organic approach, through one-on-one faith-based mentoring and authentic community. You will benefit from MomsHope’s “learn as you live” process, while integrating what you learn into real life experiences.
- Achieve financial goals that seem impossible with our one-on-one financial coaching and access to grants. With support from MomsHope you receive the accountability you need to navigate unexpected set backs and keep you on track.
- Reap the benefits of the relational nutrients found in our MomsHope community by investing in self-care. With MomsHope, you have the support of a mentor and a team of women committed to do life with you.
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
- URL: https://jfs.ohio.gov/
- Child Services
- Food & Cash Assistance
- Protetive Services
Queen City Career Prep
- URL: https://www.careerprepschool.org/queencity/
- At Career Prep, we remove some of life’s barriers to education by offering flexible schedules, training that can be individualized, and even counseling for the next steps after graduation.
Santa Maria Community Services
- URL: https://www.santamaria-cincy.org/
- Santa Maria Community Services is a catalyst and advocate for Cincinnati’s Greater Price Hill families to attain their educational, financial, and health goals. We provide more than 2,500 individuals with educational tools and resources to build strong families, promote healthy residents, and foster neighborhood revitalization. Santa Maria’s vision is for Greater Price Hill to be a vibrant, thriving, and self-sustaining community. Our Price Hill Family Centers provide a welcoming environment and the coaching, support, and flexibility to assist families to achieve their identified goals toward stabilization and self-sufficiency.
St. Vincent DePaul
- URL: https://www.svdpcincinnati.org/
- Do you need assistance with needs such as food, clothing, perscriptions, furniture, rent, utilities, or beds? We can help. St. Vincent de Paul serves neighbors in Greater Cincinnati through its network of Conferences (groups of volunteers based at a church).
Su Casa Hispanic Center Services
- URL: https://www.ccswoh.org/programs/su-casa-hispanic-center-services/
- Founded in 1997, Su Casa Hispanic Center, a program of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio, is the primary provider of social, case management, family reunification, educational, and health promotion services to the Hispanic/Latino community in Greater Cincinnati. The mission is self-sufficiency for the poor and vulnerable of the immigrant community that comes to the U.S. looking for a better way of life for themselves and their families.
- URL: https://www.talberthouse.org/#
- (513) 281-CARE (2273)
- Talbert House is empowering children, adults and families to live healthy, safe and productive lives. The agency’s network of services focuses on prevention, assessment, treatment and reintegration. Services are provided at multiple sites throughout Southwest Ohio.
The Healing Services
- URL: https://www.healingcentercincinnati.org/healing-center-services
- Spiritual Care
- The Warehouse Clothing Store
- The Marketplace Food Pantry
- Community Resources
- GED & HSE Classes
- Health Care & more.
United Way of Greater Cincinnati
- URL: https://www.uwgc.org/
- The United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC)is here to help you in some of the toughest times. From our free 24/7/365 #211 phone helpline to Free Tax Preparation services and even free prescription discounts for everyone, we aim to help lift the residents of our community into a better place of being.
Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
- URL: https://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/health/cincinnati-health-department-programs/women-infants-and-children-wic-program/
- 1-800-755-GROW (4769)
- WIC is the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC helps income eligible pregnant and breastfeeding women, women who recently had a baby, infants, and children up to five years of age who are at health risk due to inadequate nutrition.
Women Helping Women
- URL: https://www.womenhelpingwomen.org/
- WHW helps survivors find hope, healing, and empowerment through our confidential support services. We inspire the community to speak out against gender-based violence, and speak up for equal and healthy relationships. We educate and advocate that generations after us grow into change agents to prevent gender-based violence before it ever starts.
- URL: https://988lifeline.org/
- The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the United States. We’re committed to improving crisis services and advancing suicide prevention by empowering individuals, advancing professional best practices, and building awareness.